FLASH GAMES
TUTORIALS

Login

E-mail:
Password:

web page size when maximizing and minimizing browser

web page size when maximizing and minimizing browser

Postby Playerhater » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am

hi im wondering how i can have my webpage not start to wrap and scroll when the browser is minimized smaller its really buggin me im using frames so i have it now where the page looks good fully maximized on a wide screen but looks crappy when it is minimized everything wraps and the pictures are only half visible any suggestions would be great

thanks
adam
Playerhater

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

web page size when maximizing and minimizing browser - Sponsored results

Sponsored results

Login to get rid of ads

Postby Playerhater » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 am

eveyscreen resolution makes it look horrible other than the screen i have been making it on
Playerhater

Same Problem

Postby Tagger » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 pm

I have the same problem on all my pages and end up posting an advisory like "best viewed in 1024x768" which is lame, I wish I knew how to get around it. I've checked several options in the page and played with margins and everything but still nothing.
Tagger

Postby Dflynn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:57 pm

design your websites for 600x800 resolution This garuntees all smaller screens and larger screens.
Dflynn

Postby Tagger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:29 am

I realize it is best to design with the 800 pixel width in mind but people should be moving up to 1024x768 by now anyways im just helping push it along.

www.adamadesigns.com is my website. Open it and leave it UN-maximized but not minimized and adjust the width of the window, you will notice the objects of the page get shifted all about which is annoying. What can I do to sort of 'lock' everything in?

**I realize that the problem is now because I normally design everything as the background image and then set text on top of that with a table... which is lazy but Im a lot better a photoshop than I am at coding soooo.... I don't really know how to do it otherwise.
Tagger

Postby Dflynn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:56 am

Ok well i jsut took a look at it and nothing shifted in Safari.
When you design something you like in photshop slice it up and Save for Web. Then insert those into the webpage as images. If they are in a table or div layers that have an absoulte position (pxels not percents) then nothign will move.\

Also, you can't begin to expect people to be moving from 600x800 any time soon. The key to web development is to reach 100% of the demographic. A huge amoutn of people are still on dial up... somewhere around 20-30% of America alone still use dial up.

And if they still use dial up, chances are they haven bothered to replace theyre computer or monitor for that matter.

Good webdevelopers will design sites that allow for fast loading images and designs that allow all resolutions. Even if it jsut a Splash page as your home page asking what resolution.
Dflynn

Postby Tagger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:03 am

Yeahh.... You're right. Thanks for the tip I'll try slicing it up.
Tagger

^ Back to Top