EDIT POST First Post Mark as Spam jh
Posts: 1 - Registered: 2013-09-25 15:36:54
First of all, my apologies if this is mis-posted; if so, please just let me know where to repost.
I am a relative programming novice, trying to set up my personal website to email a PDF file to users upon their request.
The PDF file in question is a publication of mine. The publisher has specified that I cannot simply post this PDF for download (as I normally do with my publications) but can only distribute it upon request. I would like to make such distribution automatic and immediate.
So here is what I envision.
1) The user clicks a link saying "request a PDF"
2) an HTML form pops up asking the user to fill in their email address and an optional message.
3) They press a button that says "request the PDF" - the PDF is then sent automatically to their email address
4) a message pops up saying "The PDF you have requested has been sent to you! check your email inbox."
5) If the user has entered an optional message in Step 2, that message is sent to me at my email address.
I can definitely make a form-mail web form no problem with the fields specified in Step 2. What I don't know is how to program the ability to email the PDF file (Step 3) to the email address entered in Step 2.
Any leads or help or online examples I could explore would be much appreciated!