EDIT POST First Post Mark as Spam Mvbshfala
Posts: 33 - Registered: 2011-07-01 20:05:01
I am not that much familiar with domain information. Now only I am learning about domain names. So can anyone suggest me What is meant by domain parking?
EDIT POST Reply #1 Mark as Spam alex-thompson
Posts: 130 - Registered: 2013-04-18 03:52:43
Domain parking is a method of registering a domain name and employing it for later use. The person, who owns the domain, will make use of it in future. Normally, the parked domains are saved for future use. Though the site is required only in the future, it is generally booked earlier so that no one else books the same name.
EDIT POST Reply #2 Mark as Spam phillmorgan
Posts: 5 - Registered: 2013-07-01 08:46:58
People park domains for many reasons and some of those are included below:
- They think the domain name has value or will have value in the future and can sell it for a price higher than keeping it registered.
- Common misspelled names domains are also generally parked domains picked up by savvy internet marketers to get visitors who incorrectly type the domain name of the target site. In many case these are monetized by ads or links on the target page.
- To reserve for future use.
- To block a competitor from registering a good name!
- Future product launches
- To Protect copyright on names